Simon Fraser University, Digital Democracies Institute – Postdoctoral Fellow (2019-Present)
- Research fellow for Digital Democracies Group led by Wendy Chun
- Researching algorithmic content moderation
- Developing case studies on abusive language and toxicity online within political and gaming communities
- Collaborating on building of NLP tools (natural language processing) and responsible AI
- Operationalization of concepts: authenticity, trust, verification, identity
- Conducting research on social media and video platform recommendation algorithms
University of Colorado Boulder, Center for Media, Religion and Culture – Research Fellow (2015-2019)
- Presented talks on a variety of topics including: misinformation, big data, affect, algorithms
- Conducted interviews for the Media Ambivalence Project
- Constructing the digital aspect of the hypermediation and public scholarship project
- Participating in weekly meetings and discussions
- Contributing entries for the keywords media project
University of Colorado Boulder, Media Archaeology Lab – Curator (2015-2019)
- Working with Lori Emerson on collecting and cataloging items for the lab on scanners
- Studying these objects (video games, computers, typewriters) and their role in history with my students.
University of Toronto, McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology – Residency Fellow (2017)
- Conducted research on labor ethics and standards within modern information communities
- Participated in weekly workshops with fellow graduate students
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss future collaborative projects and development of the McLuhan Center for Culture and Technology during the summer semester
University of Colorado Boulder, Department of Media Studies – Research Assistant (2016-2017)
- Assistant to Dr. Andrew Calabrese, employing new editing technologies and assembling materials for a digital database for upcoming publications
- Co-authored a long-form chapter on the media ethics and social-political issues arising from the predatory double bind of food corporations and regulations (on going)
- Conducted primary and secondary research on food politics and social justice through digital archives and collections
Concordia University, TAG Lab – Research Assistantship (2014)
- Studied comic book scanner communities and their circulation techniques.
- Analysed data and created graphic outputs.
- Created weekly blog posts.
University of Toronto, Condensed Matter Lab – Research Assistantship (2008-2009)
- Created an individual research project that analysed optimal electrical conductivity of materials for superconducting.